Friday 11 January 2013

a table lamp, a stapler and a strange tray

The festivities are way behind our backs and the new beginnings have begun - with new old thrifty finds. Well some, anyway...my favourite stomping grounds still seem a little picked through. But there are treasures to show, as always.

Who likes 70's decor? I do, you might have noticed by now. I think this little table lamp with its lingering inspiration of a candlestick holder, its bakelite switch and its glowing orange glass is a cracker - boyfriend found it.



I found this yellow plastic tray a little while ago. It has no makers name, but all the more little dimple-like impressions which gives it a leather-like look and feel. (Well, on uploading the image, it appears to me a little cellulite-like... Hm, funny what photography can do to your point of view...) Still. I love the actual object. The marbles are an old find, but I pulled them out for the shot - it's nice to look at them again.


The 50s-60s Viking stapler was a Xmas present from me to boyfriend. It goes well with his retro work-play-station. It's a good sturdy thing, it works like a dream - and luckily it's lovely to look at, especially that he doesn't have a lot of stapling to do.


4 comments:

  1. I love these! I'm so envious of that lamp it is just beautiful.

    (p.s. just goes to show that cellulite is pretty really - quite decorative!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! if i think about it cellulite is the only word that rhymes with orange :)

      i wish i could take good photos of the lamp lit, it's very pretty then as well

      Delete
  2. The stapler is so cool, very nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lamp is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...