Tuesday 1 January 2013

white january


So here we go with the slate wiped clean again - first of Jan, the first day of the new beginnings...

A bit like a blank page to fill in with jots and scribbles of plans, hopes and resolutions.
Here are my four entries to match each little mark in the snow.

January will see me do much hard work in the crafting department. Finally those scraps and lengths in the fabric stash will become embodiments of ideas drawn out on paper.

January will see me do a 5-day work placement as part of my language course. On one hand, I'm dreading it, because my language skills are not really workplace level yet, but on the other hand I much hope I will get the placement at the place I applied to! I hope, I wish, I cross all my fingers!

January will see me getting my zen back - mentally, physically and emotionally. 2012 was spent preparing for, carrying out and then coping with a huge change. The change of scenery along with its exciting goodnesses also brought stresses, facing of fears and uncertainty. I feel it's now time to be de-stressed, detoxed and purged of negativity. I'm hoping for a re-orienting, purifying, focusing and re-balancing second half of the month.

January will see the blog carry on with its staple topics including thrifty finds and crafty musings, of course. Plus, as a new addition, I'll be taking part in the Colour Me Happy challenge each month, of which the first part is this post, simple white for January. See the other participants over here.

Have a Happy start to the New Year, everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you Aniko. Nice that you join the color me happy-challenge. Uff, you have a lot to do for january, good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's quite full on, yes but some things like the crafting will carry on into the following months too :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New year to you too! looks like a great photo challange. I started another one and want to try to keep up the whole year. Funny how you look at things different when you have something in mind that you need to post. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) i'm hoping to keep it up for the whole year too. i wonder what colour February will be :)

      Delete
  3. happy new year dear aniko!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Evdokia, same to you too! I hope you weren't affected by the earthquake I've just read about in the news! x

      Delete
  4. Happy new year to you, wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for your nice comment on my "color me happy"-picture. it was taken last january in Switzerland. we have no snow at all (tomorrow it is going to be up to 12°C with rain) and I miss it dearly. it's just as you said, it makes winter and its landscape so much brighter and also adds a lot of fun... so I hope it will be snowy soon.
    a happy new year (a little bit late) to you too!

    sjoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it all melted here too! i think winters should be snowy and fairly cold, somehow it's better for health and mood too... in the warmish cold weather come all sorts of flu and cough, and the dampness in the air is unpleasant. so I wish both of us a speedy snowy come-back with at least -10! :)

      looking forward to seeing your February picture!

      Delete
  6. P.S. I forgot to say that I like your snow-picture too. nice one with the little bird-footprint! I like details =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I wish I had an actual camera to take pictures with rather than just a cameraphone - i'd love my pictures to pick up more detail... a good camera is definitely on the wishlist this year!

      Delete
  7. Look at all the things you will be packing into January! :D
    Go for it! Make every day count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anabel!
      it's pretty full-on but January is usually a long month :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, a month full of new things! Doing an internship in a "foreign" country (I guess it still feels foreign to you) would totally freak me out. We finally got some snow here, too! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...